Our journey to date:
- 2015 Statement of Interest and acceptance by Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA)
- Eligibility Period and Feasibility Study
- Creation of Building Committee, Selection of OPM (Owners Project Manager), Selection of Architect
- Visioning sessions with all community stakeholders
- Preliminary Design Proposal included options for HS only, MS/HS (7-12) new, repair only, renovation, renovation addition all reviewed at public meetings
- Preferred Schematic Report led to selection of 7-12 model
- Current phase is Schematic Design
On Monday, April 29 a Town Hall “yay or nay” vote will be held. If the vote passes, the question will appear on the Monday, May 6 ballot. For the project to move forward all three towns must approve by majority vote at town meeting and in the ballot vote.
If the vote doesn’t pass:
- Continue to use buildings until unable to do so
- When a catastrophic failure occurs follow contingency plan
- District and Towns would then decide on repair options
- Unsure if MSBA will participate, would have to apply again
- Approximate $70 million cost for repairs would need 3 towns approval
- If the repair vote does not go through, that building is permanently closed, and we follow the Long-Term Contingency Plan.